Podcasts and Videos
Probable Causation Podcast on Moved to Opportunity and Neighborhood Effects Research (April 2019)
HCEO Dissertation Prize Lecture at the University of Chicago (October 2017)
- Washington Post, “White students exposed to more minority peers are less likely to register as Republicans, study says”, June 2020.
- New York Times, “Growing Up in a Bad Neighborhood Does More Harm Than We Thought”, March 2016.
- Marginal Revolution, “Do America’s Poor Move Around Enough?”, March 2016.
- The Atlantic: Citylab, “Housing Vouchers, Economic Mobility, and Chicago’s Infamous ‘Projects’”, March 2016.
- The American Prospect, “When the Poor Move, Do They Move Up?”, April 2016.
- Slate, “Getting Poor Kids Out of Poor Neighborhoods Helps More than We Thought”, April 2016.
- Mother Jones, “Moving Kids Out of Bad Neighborhoods Is a Big Deal,” March 2016.
- Spotlight on Poverty and Opportunity, “Big Benefits from Moving to a Better Neighborhood”, April 2016.